Wednesday 17 August 2011

Travelling Poetry; Words are Prayers

Words are prayers I carry in my heart, rarely sharing them. Until now.
I travel with my eyes open and a notebook handy. The seasons, the trees, the breeze...I write my prayers upon them.
I live this way in still, untravelling moments too. Living in Daylesford, Australia bring the blessings of a rush of unwritten and half uttered words to my daily life. This month has seen the Words in Winter festival celebrate that art of wordsmithing, and I love that this town gets on board. To honour this I am peeling back the cover of my modesty and sharing some mumblings.


Hanging high from bare branches
The skin of old trees
Wait for time to break their fall

Winter day in Daylesford, VIC 





this place has not
forgotten
about colours
no urban palettes
of grey or coal
char
and coal
this place is not
afraid
of colours

Nimbin and Uki, NSW




Verdant
         Ripe
                     Fecund
And the rain...

Mullumbimby, NSW





Dreaming of temples
Hidden in the hills
A falling leaf...

Winter in the arms
of the trees
The warm smell
of incense
In the
cool air...

Missing Nara...

First snow, Nara

No comments:

Post a Comment